Hot Rod Forum banner

Local cruise nights with friends

74K views 758 replies 37 participants last post by  Too Many Projects 
#1 ·
If you have pictures of a weekly cruise nights in your town post us some pictures with a short description.

John L

#394 ·
I use to have a lot of fun with my camp trailers but I just don't see doing it any more. I spent the morning out there starting to clean it. DAMN I wish I would have washed all these years. It's parked out back, your not using it so it seems like you don't need to wash it. Well the crap has built up on it BIG TIME. I am scrubbing it clean and it's looking good but I am wondering if I will need to paint it. I was planning on it right from the start but it is cleaning up pretty good. I hope I can just make it look nice and if I don't get top dollar that's fine. Just enough to get my concrete work done is all I ask.

Brian

#395 ·
Brain: Two things: If U R ever thinking about going to Bonneville speed week, then that li'l Boler 1300 is the perfect unit. Install a window-mount A/C and bring a generator to power it. Since it weighs pretty much nothing and can even be towed by a motorcycle, its the perfect hotrodder trailer. (Virtually every one of them around here - and there are lots of them - can be seen pushing various hotrods down the road. When they are clean & glossy, they bring around $3,500 to $5000 in this area

If you are trying to make it look new - then do this:

Clean it up and then (very lightly!) scuff the gelcoat, then wash it again, then apply 4 or 5 coats of ZEP "wetlook" floor finish. Every F/G trailer owner swears by the stuff.

I applied 6 coats to my old Boler 1700 before I sold it - it looked brand new.

I also use it on my new Bigfoot 2100 - again - the gloss is unbelievable

Contact me via PM for directions....

#402 ·
Rodnit
We have a white out here they just sent my wife home early from work They said 3 inches but we have more then that now and more snow tomorrow:mad: I should move back to LA or San Diego hell Alaska is probably more spring like then here!!! I keep getting your left over snow!!!!

Jester

#403 ·
John I love the cars, but do you have to tease all the people that live on the dark side, we are looking at getting 6-12 inches of snow tonight. The roads were clear and I was going to take my pontoon down to get the new radio, amp and woofer put in it. Had a new starter put in the 46, and was gong to take that in to get a new front seal put in the tranny. Will wait on the 46, but the pontoon I'will take in snow or not.:pain:

Just go easy on us with the pictures, LOL. Maybe just one at a time.:thumbup::thumbup:

Sick of winter Bob

#408 ·
Pixies a local restaurant and drive in has been open since 1948 about 30 miles from my home has a cruise and park night every every Thursday from spring till fall!!! car hops , rock and role DJ, Elvis impersonators, poodle skirt contests , free "I cruised pixies" T shirts for the first time cruiser! and a great atmosphere and a lot of young people that come and as you see some RAT RODS and Bikes:thumbup: It starts at 5 PM till closing every Thursday:thumbup: But it has gotten so big it has taken up other parking lots and even the streets!!!:eek: The restaurant is decorated from the 40s to the 60s even has table and chairs, car doors ETC on the sealing LOL Cars are now pulling in to get a parking place HRS earlier some before noon! The lot is closed off for only Hot Rods only the drive through and handicapped parking is open for regular customers :mwink: First pics of the drive in restaurant then I'll follow with the cars that cruise and park

Jester

I think you guys wohttp://www.hotrodders.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=136522&stc=1&d=1397591916uld be interested in my phttp://www.hotrodders.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=136530&stc=1&d=1397591916ics from last year:thumbup:http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/att...591916?attachmentid=136538&stc=1&d=1397591916

Attachments

#418 ·

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.