Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Locating Methods For Air Leaks In Mechanical Fuel Pump Fuel Lines
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 03:19 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Locating Methods For Air Leaks In Fuel Line

Thanks For Your Response.

When I Wrote Boiling I Did Not Mean To Mislead Anyone By My Choice Of Words But Should Have Rather Said, "hundreds Of Bubbles Appearing In The Glass Bowl As If It Were Boiling.

The Fuel Line To The Pump Is Not In A Bad Area For Heat Transfer; Under The Frame. The Fuel Line From The Pump To The Carb. Is In A Rather Hot Area, Crossing Over The Exhaust Manifold. I Have Wrapped The Exhaust Manifolds With The Latest Composite Material And Sleeved The Fuel Line To The Carb. With This Heat, Shields Up To 950 Degrees, Protecting Material.

When The Car Is Up To Speed And Under Load, These Symptoms Appear With A Simultaneous Drop In Fuel Pressure.

When I Was Working On This Issue, At My Home, The Engine Was Freshly Started, Cold, And With Both Sides Of The Hood Fully Opened. When I Noticed The Bubbles Appearing In The Glass Bowl, I Also Had A Loss Of Fuel Pressure.

It Takes A Little While For The Air To Get In, Where Ever Its Entry Point Is, But It Does Happen, Along With The Pressure Loss.

J.j. Lasalle