Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

LOKAR shifter knob buzz

7K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Vonhef 
#1 ·
anybody else having a "buzz" /rattle from -in ,the lokar shift knob ??..i replaced the knob with a LOKAR update , but no change ..bought an aftermarket knob , same buzz problem .. re-hung the exhaust , with good insulators etc , and it still buzzes!!. it really is aggravating on the road , and after an hour or two , i could chuck it..restig my hand on the knob helps , but gets tiring .. anybody have a "fix" , for this condition .. i'd sure appreciate some help , thanks fellows...jim prowse...

#5 ·
I have experienced this same problem and found that it is an adjustment thing. If you are slightly out of adjustment, the center button does not return all the way out with enough spring tension. Try doing a bit of adjusting like the installation instructions say and you can get it to snap back and not buzz.

Trees

#6 ·
I have a Lokar transmission mounted shifter on a th350. My noise was most pronounced at around 40 - 60 mph and sounded much like engine ping or detonation. I could put a little pressure on the shifter and the noise would change or lesson.

I solved the issue with a spring holding tension from the transmission shifter arm to the Lokar shifter arm. The adjustable linkage between these arms was new, but obviously rattled enough to carry the sound up through the shifter into the cab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.