a long list of questions from a complete newbie - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2005, 08:14 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Landau

Not a problem. I have seen a few old 4 drs that had been Landaued and they looked pretty sharp that way.
Just a matter of taste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2005, 12:29 AM

Last photo:

pictures?

If you could find some pictures of them that would be awesome to have a look (much better to see it all finished than just how my mind puts it together - often get it wrong

cheers
Dan
Old 01-18-2005, 07:54 AM

Last photo:

vinyl tops on 4 drs

Been a while since Ive seen any as I havent been to any car shows lately, and dont get any magazines at this time, but Ill keep my eye out.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:25 PM

Last journal entry: Robs34 - Done my dash
Last photo:

suspension 36

In Aus as in NZ your best bet is a HR holden front end. You can then fit HQ-WB stubs and the disc brakes, a Commodore rack and pinion will need to be shortened slightly (37mm from memory) as the HK-T steering box will interfere with the driver side exhaust and make changing plugs murder - I had a 36 Sloper with the steering box setup that I had bought from a friend so I can speak from experience here. Alternatively the Mitsubishi L300 would fit and has the Ford bolt pattern discs, if you desire you can convert them to Holden using Holden stub axles but here you will need to modify the suspension towers to retain your suspension geometry - Not a job for a Goldfish! Absolute easiest rear end is a 9 inch on parallel springs; newer pickups are good donors for these. Regarding the wood in the bodies - in this hemisphere wood was used for a longer period than the US. If it is in near perfect condition I would retain it as it is quite a difficult operation to replace it although taking your time it is not impossible, use furniture tubing as it is 1.2 to 1.6mm thick and you will save considerable weight, when you come to a complex area make a cardboard pattern and use 1mm cold rolled mild steel sheet. My advice - learn to MIG weld - you will never regret it!! With a smallblock the chassis will only need a 3mm X 37mm round tubing X member with gusset plates onto the side of the top hat section chassis rails but a biggie will need more. last bit of advice, join a club and find some more examples of the breed, taking note of how the modifications have been done. Most important dont let your mates get to you when it doesn't happen overnight - keep at it and you and the missus will be cruisin before you know it.

Later

Rob
Old 03-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Tazz

Last photo:

leave as much stock as you can.....

my 37 Dodge had a buggered up Mustang II grafted to it...I installed a Meyers Mustang II to replace the botched up one. and a GM posi out of an 86Z28. Some guys mold in all the fenders and such...I like the bolted on look...keeping it looking stock but hopped up the drive train...350/350 and a NEW 12volt wiring harness. Custom interior and paint....Cool wheels and good rubber. Stock gas tank if it dosn't leak and refurbished front and new rear brakes.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.