Long time no post. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2005, 06:51 AM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Long time no post.

Well I have been spying on y'all around here every once in a while. But just haven't posted.

Been playing with my LS1 Formula a lot & not to much with the other project. Well I think I've found the limits of a stock bottom ended LS1. 7000 RPM's + 2.055" valves & Harlan sharp Roller rockers = Valve Float that = Ouch. So now it's back to the Ole GMC Diablo while working on my T76 powered LS1 for the Formula
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0047.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	5973   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF00481.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	5974  

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2005, 02:52 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Jamnut I don't know you that well but I remember you from reading some old threads. Were you the guy who beat some guys Mustang, and he went and put a supercharger on it, then he wanted to race again, and you still beat him?

Stick around dude.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:51 AM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

Yep that was me, his SN on here was NO PONY, he ended up trying to push it too hard & bent a rod on that motor. Believe it or not he is a SCT Custom Tuner now. So I guess when you over boost, run too much timing & bend a rod, that makes you a certified Superchips Dealer & Tuner.

That was way before I took my car to the level it's at now. I was only spraying it back then. I got it to where I was trapping 124 NA & didn't get a chance to spray it again before I broke that valve. There was a good chance that I was going to be able to dip into the 9's on a 150 shot if the motor would have hung around. But that motor did have over 30k miles on it with Hundreds of Drag strip passes with about 1/2 of them on nitrous. So I got my money's worth out of it. I guess.

I'm going to have it back on the road a little beefier this time, but I'm going to start back on my GMC Diablo again, it took a back seat to the Formula. Now it's time to get back to my hotrodding roots & quit with this high dollar Modern Fuel Injected stuff for a little while.

Here's a little web site we built a while ago for our cars, but it's kind of krappy. I've been meaning to re-do it for a while, but between work, cars & Harley's I just didn't have the time. I'll get to it soon.

www.kornbread-racin.com
Old 07-24-2005, 06:26 AM
wind & fire = guides to power

Last photo:

.. pm sent ..
Old 07-24-2005, 09:58 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

hey Jamnut, you crazy barstard! finally blew up that pontiac did ya? like you said, you did get some use out of it. damn disposable gm stuff. did you ol lady kill you for it? wasn't that her car? later. Larry
Old 07-24-2005, 11:16 PM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last wiki edit: Compression test
Last journal entry: August 9, part III
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy larry
hey Jamnut, you crazy barstard! finally blew up that pontiac did ya? like you said, you did get some use out of it. damn disposable gm stuff. did you ol lady kill you for it? wasn't that her car? later. Larry

if ya want a disposable, buy an import. Can't work on it, so ya trash it and buy a new one. Or, it's just cheeper to buy new. Kinda like a kia.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:42 AM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy larry
She was videoing when it happened. She wasn't very happy, but now she's kinda gotten excited about the Turbo project that we are getting ready to start with it. I am going back with a Nitrous motor for a while during the build up of the turbo setup. Gotta race something. I got it bad.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.