Long time no post. . . Ive been elsewhere :) - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2011, 05:27 PM
70 El Camino aka FRANKENSTEIN

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Long time no post. . . Ive been elsewhere :)

Hello all,

Well its been a long time since Ive posted on here. Since I was turned onto TeamChevelle Ive been all over that site.

A lot has changed on my car since I last posted on here. I just wanted to stop by and see how everyone is doing and to show off what Ive done with the help of my new chevelle buddies

check out my photobucket account http://s959.photobucket.com/home/elcaminodragster

Ive messed with the brakes a bit and went with drilled/slotted rotors ceramic pads and 2piston aluminum calipers and an aluminum 1" bore MC

I also slapped on new wheels and tires. I stuffed the widest meats I could fit in the back 295/50s!!! I also went with 4.10s and a locker in my 12 bolt
And to make sure I dont brake another driveshaft lol I went with a 4" aluminum driveshaft and 1350 u-joints.

I junked my power steering to go with a manual box to free up some power and to drop the weight.

Along with all the aluminum and shaving off weight I relocated the battery to the smugglers box and bought a high tq mini starter.

Among the many other little things I have done I FINALLY went with a floor shifter lol. I have forgotten a few things that I have done but Im sure you will see in the many pics I have in the photobucket.

The most recent thing I have done/finishing up is a roller cam upgrade. I had a cam custom made for my engine. I also had my new aluminum heads reworked and cleaned up. I also went with a new oiling system and dual electric fans. Ive also gone with a new colling system and external trans cooler with a 3000 stall. My engine is full roller now

I believe I have created a monster with the new roller cam lol. this thing is going to be a handful lol.

I have yet to fire it up with the new combo because I am waiting on a new carb.

On the side I have been helping my gf build up a 74 C-10. We recently got it driving after a full rebuild and mods. Long story short about the truck is this. . . . We bought the truck from an ex co worker of hers (she just changed jobs away from mcds and into obrians!!!). The truck was a complete wreck and ready for the crusher!!! The engine was to far gone to even bother cleaning it up the trans (th350) was so shot that it didnt grab one gear! The floor board was rotted out so bad you could "flintstone" the thing lol. And to top it all off the suspension had a 4/6 drop that was so worn out that it had less then 2" of travel and to top that off the wheels and tires where dead! Like I said it was ready for the crusher lol. But being the classic car/truck lover I am and the fact its the exact year she likes we bought it!!!

10months later she is driving with fully rebuild suspension 5/6 drop. Rebuilt th350 built for loads of tq and crisp shifts. The interior is 100% rust free and cleaned up with a couple mods to the dash for gauges and not idiot lights the floor board is once again solid lol. Completely new brake system (nothing fancy just new). Wire harness was all hacked up but I was able to bring it to working order. The rear end was about the only thing that did not need to be touched lol 12 bolt one legger 3.73s.

I saved the best for last remember the 350 I said was to far gone? Well that was sold and we found a 454 VERY CLEAN!!!! We tore it apart to see what it was all about and nothing was wrong with it we slapped it back together with a mild cam (lunati 60203) it has a old style torker II twisted manifold full length hooker comps and peanut port heads. The engine is surprisingly strong with the open manifold and it was loads of vac at idle.

Now the funny part of this truck lol. It is about 5 colors lol but we are working on that now with rattle can primer (just for about a year till we get a paint job).

The best part of the truck is she was holding the wrench the whole time and I just did the hard stuff (high tq specs rusty bolts and heavy lifting lol) and the electrical.

I have lots of pics of her truck in the photobucket account as well.

Check out the pics and tell me what you think

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2011, 06:20 AM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last journal entry: First week of December
Last photo:

You are supposed to visit all of your information websites daily

I knew I'd seen you here before.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:50 PM
70 El Camino aka FRANKENSTEIN

Last photo:

I know im sorry lol. I just got so tied up with the new site lol. Ill never let it happen again lol.

I belive you were the one that told me about the chevelle site anyways lol

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.