Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - lookin for another opinion.
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 06:57 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

lookin for another opinion.

well getting ready to purchase parts whene tax refund gets here. i have a 305ci 230 hp rating engine. im going to replace crank and connecting rod bearings and bore the cylinders 30 thousanths of an inch. i would like some insight on the best parts combo to use for low end torque. im looking for a "off idle cruiser". low rpm kinda thing. its going to be for a 1989 short s-10 with auto trans and 3.08 rear end. i have some 1.84-1.50 434 casting heads and a matching holly street dominator intake manifold number 300-38. i also have origional cast iron marine intake without exhaust heat crossover as well. the cam is stock marine speced at 200 / 212 intake / exhaust duration @ 0.05" lift .4 / .41 intake / exhaust lift with 1.50:1 rockers
I will be purchasing new lifters and installing camshaft bearings as well. i have a useable pair of 350 vortec 1.94-1.50 heads but i would need to purchase a matching intake manifold(not completely opposed). either set of heads will get a freshen up at the machine shop and a smoothing of the casting marks on the intake side ports and little backyard porting on the exhaust side. if i could get some knowledge on making what i have the best combo for down low cruiser engine with a great sound. also i will be using a summit hei distributor, short headers and rochester carb tuned as lean as i can get without burnin up the pistons. i only know enough to get myself in trouble so...make sure im puttin this together the right way the first time. thanx