Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - lookin for another opinion.
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:01 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

well gentlemen, i have to clarify that im not opposed to more power , im saving up parts for a 355 build up. naturally aspirated pump gas. leave not a single horse power hidden. blueprint full roller 355. till then the 305 makes good sound and good mileage on the cheap. i had a 1994 z-71 that i put a same year rebuilt 305 .030 overbore with a "R/V" cam (whatever that means), and it went 100,000 miles before i sold it. it got phenomenal highway gas mileage and it towed my boat around no problem. i could leave rubber anywhere i needed and never felt that a 350 would do much better. plus it sounded exceptionally mean with a single exhaust with a hollowed converter and dynomax muffler single in dual out. sounded nasty. i know it was throttle body fuel injected but if i could get that kind of low end and fuel mileage out of this s-10 i would be satisfied contently. the 355 will be for a 93 full size extend cab chevy. keep the opinions coming, should i use the holley intake or the marine cast iron with the crossover blocked?