Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - lookin for another opinion.
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:19 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Opinions

I guess I would'nt put in new lifters on an old cam. I would use a ridge reamer and a cylinder hone to clean up the cylinders. New rings, new bearings. IF you are trying to do this on the cheap anyway. I would probably not go with the marine intake...personal preference I guess. Just clean it all up good. I've seen more engines go to ---- because guys didn't take the time to just clean things. Cover your lifters and bores...make sure to clear out all the gasket material. Pour a quart or two of oil through the block after reaming and honing the cylinders. It helps to wash away any metal shavings that may be hanging around. Clean hands when installing bearings...as dirt and grease aren't helpful in seating new bearings. Mostly common sense stuff that sometimes gets overlooked because we get in a hurry to hear it run. I have a 383 stroker in my s-15...so if I can be of any help to you just holler at me. Good luck.