Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - lookin for another opinion.
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

i have looked at new engines like this one but thats a good bit of money. i hope to get out cheaper than the cost of this engine since I will want to purchase high volume oil pump, roller tip rockers, intake manifold. I would also like to put the quench at .040 and redneck port the exhaust valves and knock off the casting marks on the intake side. if I were to do all this to that engine it would cost over 3000 bucks. right now with what i have, its looking like all together and ready for a carb about $900 dollars. but realistically that new engine would suit my needs just fine and run a long time with a warrantee. hard to pass up the idea, I dont want to send this perfectly good engine to the bone yard, plus the savings. what would the estimated horsepower of the crate vortec 5.0 be? and at what rpm? ive thought long and hard about the crate 305 but a 355 is not much more money lol. thats why i keep wanting to restore this good old motor i have here.