Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - lookin for another opinion.
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:54 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

opinion

Not sure who the post was meant for concerning s-10 roll bars. But if by chance it was directed to me...my s-15 does have roll bars...cert for 8.50's. Cant run at the track without it. But back on task...s-10 again, you can build yourself a inexpensive 305 that will provide the torque you want. I get your picture of what you're after. You can make a very streetable and driver friendly ride without alot of money. Cam specs are just numbers that confuse the average joe...everyone means well with the cams they recommend, but it may come accross as a foreign language to some. Most of them have been "in the game" allong time and those numbers translate into a larger picture for them, myself included. Decide on where your compression is going to be, what heads you're going to use, and how you're going to drive it...then decide on a cam. It sounds like you want off-idle performance through 4500 rpm. Keep the power down low. I'd direct you towards an RV cam, because it keeps the power down in the low RPM's.