Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - lookin for another opinion.
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 10:56 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

allright, i think i kno what i want to do for this 305 thing. took a little advise from f-bird and i am going to invest in an intake manifold for vortecs(taking opinions on intake choice), check, resurface and then reshen up and little die grinder action of my pair of l31 vortecs as well as add some roller tip rockers with the grooved fulcrum balls, .015 head gasket, summit #2 hydraulic flat camshaft and lifters, double roller. block will go to the machine shop to be checked and bored to .040 to match summit brand hyper flattop 4 valve .040 over's. summit $120 entire distributor kit everything but spark plugs. plugs will be AC-MR44T's or AC-MR44LTS's(taking opinions on plugs as well). patriot s-10 mid length 1.5" tube 2.5" collector headers with true duals 2" with h pipe(olso considering exhaust ideahs). carb will be a rochester Q-jet set up lean. any rochester guys chime in with jet considerations. i have hardly a clue on resetting a carb to a different engine. i can clean and reset one that ran before no problems but i have a 350 carb i want to use for the 305. my guess is mileage and response will suffer unless i change a few things(correct me if i am wrong please). ive decided that this engine will be in the truck for a long time so i should make it at least a good engine on a budget instead of a low buck pile of money. this engine will be highly satisfying to me. please add to my setup here especially if its a cheap or free upgrade with any insight. should i open up oil galleys deburr water jackets...also how do you "port match" I LOVE to tinker. thanx

Last edited by s-10again!; 02-14-2013 at 11:03 AM.