lookin for another opinion. - Page 5 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 12:46 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

i locally found a cam for this engine build. it is edelbrock brand cam and lifter kit w/ edelbrock double roller timing chain and gear set. for $120. it is in194- ex214 dur. in.398 - ex.442 lift. lsa is 112 but it sounds like the right cam for my setup and its cheap and name brand. is edelbrock cams good? the numbers sound small on the intake but maybe 1.52 rockers would help a little? as long as geometry is good? would this cam be compareable to or better for my build goals than the summit #2 cam i was considering? the purchase value is with the edelbrock in my eyes. dont want to make a mistake.

Advertisement

Last edited by s-10again!; 02-20-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 01:11 PM

this can should make close to 260 hp in a 350 v-8 with 4bbl and headers
Old 02-20-2013, 01:24 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet6t9 View Post
Ap has never had a 10 second anything let alone something that runs.
While I'll be the first to admit none of my car's hit 10 seconds, I must also say that all 4 of them are currently running. It has been a rare thing in the past for ALL of them to be running as I tend to start 2 projects at once, but they are.

Later this year I'll be starting a CTSV build and it may be in the 10 second range, but that's not really a goal, my main intent is to provide a reasonable clone to a SCCA CTSV except with a full interior.

I don't go to the 1/4 mile track much so I build for the street I do drive on. Many people on here think that's stupid and I understand their POV but I'd rather have a car I can use anytime I want than a trailer queen.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Differential/Driveline

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72 View Post
While I'll be the first to admit none of my car's hit 10 seconds, I must also say that all 4 of them are currently running. It has been a rare thing in the past for ALL of them to be running as I tend to start 2 projects at once, but they are.

Later this year I'll be starting a CTSV build and it may be in the 10 second range, but that's not really a goal, my main intent is to provide a reasonable clone to a SCCA CTSV except with a full interior.

I don't go to the 1/4 mile track much so I build for the street I do drive on. Many people on here think that's stupid and I understand their POV but I'd rather have a car I can use anytime I want than a trailer queen.
Just jabbing ya I do drive the 69 all the time but I can appreciate trailer queens also. Seems the older I get I like them all.

I even find myself liking the ricer stuff with the turbo's.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:46 PM

ap,post some pictures/videos of your cars.
ctsv is an interesting build,lets see that too when it comes
Old 02-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Differential/Driveline

Last photo:

2013 cts v sedan has 565HP Those are nice cars!
Old 02-20-2013, 04:39 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreet6t9 View Post
2013 cts v sedan has 565HP Those are nice cars!
nice price tag too!

I'll be using a 06-07 model, right before the price got outrageous, still an LS2 and 6 speed which isn't a bad base to start with- and 4 doors and leather (without a truck bed).

I'll post pics in a few days, I cant upload pics from the ****ty phone I have but I should be getting a new iphone 5 in a few days so I'll take pics then and maybe a video too if I can figure it out.

My car list is:

'78 Bobcat in 4 colors with a "semi circle track" engine that is running lower compression for 87 octane. (9.8SCR, 140lbs cranking compression), when it gets warm I have all the parts to swap EDIS on it as well as "bike carbs".
'78 280Z in black epoxy primer (waiting for warmer weather to sand and paint) currently has a modified stock L28 and 5 speed, working on a sbc 302 and T5 that is about 2/3's done
'72 Cutlass has a rebuild and modified TH350 mated to a rebuilt and modified Olds 350, only thing it needs is to be stripped down to steel and repainted, which I'll probably send out to have done.
'09 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L 6 speed auto- the only thing I have changed on it is the tires, wiper blades, and oil (my "I dont have time to mess with it" car)

My new job starts Monday which came with a 18k/yr pay raise which will help fund the CTSV build but I'll probably trade the truck in for it when I buy it.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:32 AM

Last photo:

Save some money for rearend mods. The 1st GEN CTS-V's have glass rearends. Nice cars though.

peace
Hog

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.