Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking to build a track car
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 08:01 PM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

You're probably going to pay a steep "ricer tax" on all of the cars you've mentioned because the backwards-hat-wearing coalition loves them so dearly (except maybe the oddball RX-7). It'd probably be a lot cheaper to find a non-mustang fox body (capri, fairmont, zephyr, t-bird, cougar, or mark VII) If you can find an e28 or e30 some retard hasn't slammed and rusted the hood on it might be cheap.

Stay away from the nightmarish Porsche 924 with it's crappy audi engine. Z31 300zxs and 280z's are still cheap here in az. And you honestly can't count out the 3rd gen camaros. The TPI 5.0L models with a T5 will be way more fun to drive than any of the cars you listed, even if it redlines at half the RPM they do. Even the LT1 4th gens are insanely cheap. The 1988 fiero with the lotus handling package wouldn't be a bad deal either. I've seen them with Quad4s, and S/C'd 3.8L buicks that were serious all around performers. There's also the Volvo 240 as well.

No matter what you do, compare the car against other cars you've driven before you make your decision. Everyone likes their vehicles a little different obviously. Personally I'm a fan of heavy steering, heavy clutch and throttle oversteer, so most new cars just piss me off.