Hot Rod Forum banner

Looking for a decent chevy 350 builder block

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  goth_rod87 
#1 ·
hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has a good core 350 theyd let go for little coin.If anyone has anything intresting drop me a line or post in here..thanks

#2 ·
you could check with some of your local machine shops or junk yards and make sure you want one to rebuild not that already runs.where i live we have a weekly paper called the tradin times that you can buy literally anything out of.people advertisein it and pay for the add when they sell the item.you may have something like that that you could use to buy from a private party which is most often cheaper.you should be able to get one for $150.00 or less depending what kind of heads you get with it and if it is a 4 bolt main.i recently bought an 4 bolt 406 from a machine shop and paid $500.00 with all the machine work and balancing but they are getting hard to get a hold of.by the time you buy one on the net and pay for shipping unless you find one near you it won't be worth it.you shouldn't have any trouble finding one.good luck.

#3 ·
Im not sure about where you live, but around here they are very plentiful, usually around $100-$150 complete. Just make sure you check the casting number to make sure its a 350 before you buy it, so you don't get stuck with a 305 or something like that.

And don't let know one tell you that they are getting hard to find and therefore demand a premium price on them, I hear that quite a bit it seems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.