Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking for drawing of 1948 F-1
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 12:08 PM

Last journal entry: My 1962 Falcon
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

re: Looking for drawing of 1948 F-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigjamelectric
Kusto, don't pay for a line drawing. You're wasting your money. And DV, nobody's ever charged for something so simple to help out a fellow HR. There are lots people on here who have lent their talent doing artwork and not asking anything in return but a simple thank-you.

Kusto, here's how you can do it simple. If you have an empty aquarium or a sheet of glass, put a light under it pointing up. Put a printout of the truck you want, put a blank sheet over top of it and trace it out with a pencil.

Next, take a sharpie and ink those pencil lines. Scan that picture, open it up in Paint, save as a bitmap, not a jpeg. Jpeg will blur on you everytime you save. Bitmap will stay clean. This will be your template.

Save a new version and call it something else. Play with it.

If you think you might have trouble tracing or with any of these steps, hell, I'll do it for you myself for free.

Paul.

I agree with you. This site and the folks who are about building there cars and trucks give of there time, and do it because they like to help others out. I would never have got my chevy done as far as i did if i would of had to pay all you guys and gals for your help. Thats what makes this site so special to me. Its all about people helping people, no matter what your working on, or what you need.