Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking for an electric cut-off tool that's better than a Dremel.
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Originally Posted by Stale Trooper
This is probably beyond the scope of the conversation, but I'm getting ready to cut several 4" strips of the 38" wide X 5 rib steel roofing to cure a contractors mistake (he laid the roof panels too high, causing rain to run down the inside wall of my $50K building). I plan on using a 10" abrasive metal blade on either my Table Saw or Radial Arm Saw to do the cutting. I've tried cutting this stuff with smaller (7" Dia X 1/4" thick) blades, and it seemingly took all day just to make one cut! With 60' of material needed to fix the roof, and winter coming on, I want to get it done quickly! the blade I intend to use is 10" X1/8" for $4.79 @ Lowes.

And Yes, I'm going to move the saw outside, wear my welding helmet, a fireman's bunker coat, Welding gloves, combat boots; have a garden hose, and 2 fire extinguishers (type A & Type BC) and an air pack available, with my guardian angel on a 1/2 second response time status, I think I should be able to handle the task.
Aren't you the least bit worried about running the electric tablesaw outside in the proverbial rain storm ? You should at least wear 20K volt linemans rubber gloves inside the wedling gloves, a full wetsuit with booties, and even think about a gfi adapter on the cord. That is the minimium, you could go the extra steps and be safe if you don't want to live on the edge