Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - looking for an engine rebuilding buddy 350 ci
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2002, 09:11 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Yea, What did we do before the internet? When I bought my 81 Cutlass in about 1988, the motor was bad but the body was perfect. I needed another motor but wanted something cheap, quick and mildly powerful that wouldn't need a rebuild. A gent at work, told that a 403 would fit. I flat did not believe him so I called all around and nobody else thought the 403 would fit in my G-body either! The gent at work insisted that it could be done and knew where I might find a 403. I went ahead and got that engine for 318 bucks and lost sleep every night until myself and that gent slipped the engine into the Cutty's engine bay. Fit like a glove and remained there until last year, when I took out the 403(she was tired but still ran well) and installed a stock 455! Whats my point? Well, I could have avoided alot of anguish if the internet was up and running. However, when I tackled the 455 swap last year, I obtained 99 percent of advice from gents on the net. I'm sure the motor swap went alot easier using the net. You've got friends here. So go ahead make our day, fire those questions at us. You'll be surprised how many gents have been there and done that. My only wish is that I consulted the net when I was looking for a wife. When I first met the misses, she looked like Susan Anton. Now, I need every one of the 455s cubes to haul her big rear end around! Plus, I've had five little screamers with her! I should have worked on my Cutlass, more!! Good luck