looking for a good pair of safety glasses - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2010, 05:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

looking for a good pair of safety glasses

I am looking for a good company that make "true" anti fod that really work and are scratch resestent. I do a lot of grinding and i sweat like a pig so i am alway fogging them up. Does any one have any type they have used and worked for them.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Crazy Ole Ironhead

Last photo:

I use several different types at work and home.,.but i get them for free from the jobs,I'm an International Ironworker,they are required to supply them...Smith and Wesson...Pyramex..Jackson..Huntsman...etc are to name a few.
Watch buying any so called safety glasses at regular stores,if they don't have ANSI Z87.1 on them,they are cheap and could be dangerous if impacted by a flying object.
Z87.1 means it has a Polycarbonate impregnated in them..just about impossible to break the lens,plus gives 99.9% protection from UV and IR rays while welding or the sun,the dark lens Z87.1 is 100% UV and IR protection.

As far as Anit-Fog glasses,,might be some out there,but i've never seen or used them,you can buy an Anti-Fog lens cleaner for them though,works good too,i use it on my welding shield's lens in the winter when everything fogs up from being cold and then you're warm breath is breathing inside the shield foggin up the lens..lol

PM me you're address if you like..i can send you a few pair of GOOD safety glasses for free if you want,i get them free at work and have a bunch laying around here at the house still in the package...
Old 09-23-2010, 08:17 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:

For most grinding I now use a full face shield. Eliminates most of the sweat and condensation problems AND it'll protect that beautiful mug of yours.

BTW, SuthnCustoms means what he says. A couple years back he sent me a huge "care package" including a high end regulator for my mig tank along with safety glasses, a welding jacket, and a wide assortment of burrs and sanding disks. I felt like it was Christmas in July.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:49 PM

you can prob find some that are just as good but cheaper on ebay i would assume
Old 09-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Welding Equipment and Supply stores carry good safety glasses and face shields as well as other safty equipment.

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.