Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking for help on 396 build
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 09:51 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for the warm welcome ya'll!

F-BIRD'88- I would love to supercharge my 396 but I was wanting something that retains a stock look but still blows the doors off of fart can cars and later generation mustangs/camaros. Thanks for the suggestion though!

cobalt327- I'm very partial to the 396 even though I want to change it drastically. Trust me I'll be building a normal BB after this one, I just want this for street/sleeper car that will see decent drag strip time too. Thanks for the info on the CR for the FT pistons and cams. I was trying to figure out what the CR would be, but couldn't find the right info anywhere. I'll definitely be upgrading to a higher CR piston. I'm not completely set on what cam I'm going to get yet, just want a aggressive hydraulic roller cam.

I'm also waiting on dyno numbers from the shop that built that 461 in CarCraft magazine. I emailed CarCraft directly, but the guy told me he forwarded the email to the shop who built it. I plan on finishing this motor in April when I go on leave, after coming home from Afghanistan.