Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking for info on this coupe
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 10:11 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
We don't need a steel vs fiberglass discussion but to just touch on this. First off, not all guys who want the steel car are like that, the car often remains close to original other than drive train mods.

But even if it were to be cut up like my truck, chopped, sectioned and much more. The point being at least in my case, I like the real vintage car because it has a history. I can't say "original car" because that means something completely different. But I personally like the parts even to have a "history". My cars carried kids home from the hospital, you know what I mean? They went on honeymoons, vacations, drove the elderly to church or out to a dinner to, they have a history. I feel the same way about the parts, about the manuals, I want original owners manuals not reprints because I like the idea that some new car owner looked at this thing to figure out how to work his new car, I dig that thought. On the repair manual, I love the old original manuals with greasy finger prints in them where some hard working mechanic thumbed thru it to get a car back on the road years ago. They have a soul, a history. That's how I see it at least.

Brian
Very, Very, Well said Brian

Steel has heart and an old soul! A lot more skill to build from steel!!! Lead work, hammer welding, Shrinking ,stretching, rolling,Etc,Etc It becomes part of the builders body and soul even if built for a customer it becomes part of you!

I do glass, and steel I know by doing both I have more pride in the steel !! But they are both nice cars when done!!!

When people buy them already done those guys argue Any one that has built both Knows!!!!! Glass is easy! if you can mix pancake batter you can work glass!!!!

Jester

Last edited by painted jester; 11-12-2012 at 10:19 PM.