Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking for info on this coupe
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
Very, Very, Well said Brian

Steel has heart and an old soul! A lot more skill to build from steel!!! Lead work, hammer welding, Shrinking ,stretching, rolling,Etc,Etc It becomes part of the builders body and soul even if built for a customer it becomes part of you!

I do glass, and steel I know by doing both I have more pride in the steel !! But they are both nice cars when done!!!

When people buy them already done those guys argue Any one that has built both Knows!!!!! Glass is easy! if you can mix pancake batter you can work glass!!!!

Jester
I can go on line and for 25k buy a steel body ready to go.. brookfield roadsters(iirc) among others..
most that OWN these steel cars. you know the oem steel ones didn' build it.. so steel being harder or easier to work with is moot...
both have there place.. sadly.. the car hobby is full of high than to. types.. in every segment..
most on here would laugh at almost all imports.. the rod guys don't like the muscle guys.. the muscle guys don't like the new muscle guys..
it's somewhat sad... and all you got to do is go to a show and walk around and overhear people talking.. I really thing some go just to pick apart everyone car on the field..