Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking for info on this coupe
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:10 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,122 Times in 997 Posts
I think that whole part about who built it is total and complete BS. I am NOT one of those guys who look down on someone who didn't build the car, they are either a car lover or not, and it has nothing what so ever to do with if they built it or not. And in that regard, when I look at someone elses car, it doesn't make a whole lot of difference if it's glass or not, or repro metal or not, the over all impression I get of the car as I look at it from across the street THAT is what moves me.

As far as glass being easier, again, I don't buy that. I have done both and I have to say they both take a boat load of time and skills to make nice. They are totally different materials so the job is totally different, but both take a boat load of time and skills, they are just different skills.

But for me personally, not anyone else, for me personally I like the history of a steel car. Now when it's like my truck where there aren't two panels on the whole thing that came from the same truck (well actually the front fenders have known each other from birth, but that's it) it's easy to say there is no history. But when those parts are exactly as the original ones it still works, it's like they all came together. The fact that they came from different sources is quickly forgotten.

Brian