Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking for info on this coupe
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 08:38 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

come on. history.. really.. most cars on a show field.. are pieces of many donors.. and/or new parts..
I don't care if an owner build it or not either.. but the fact if they drive it or not..
I'd rather see a 1979 t/a with 150k on it than the low mile 234 miles since new car.. as it wasn't enjoyed..
my SS has a history, sold in n.c. and I bought it in maine. oh and it's stock. mighty boring..
the truck was a farm truck. fixed up for a guys son before I got it.. history of haul'n hay,
very few cars have a history worth a darn and those are one owner or one family cars.. (at least to me) my SS came from dale earnhardt chevy in newton n.c. no one really cares that thats the chevy store that sold it.. I'll bet as soon as I change out the engine , I'll get haters..
most of this history you speak off is,, car got old, needed fixing, was parked in barn and forgot about for 40-60 years.. thats the story of most cars as they age.. only that group of owners kept everything as they remembered the depression.. unlike today that they'd junk a car for scrap money before parking it in a barn.. one has to remember that these old cars at one time where just that old worn out junkers.. parked because it was nickle'n and dime'n the owner to death..