Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking for info on this coupe
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 06:12 AM
Hot Rods are Built, not Bought

Last journal entry: Lakeroadster's '31 Model A Tudor
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-maxxracer32 View Post
Okay I see! And to determine whether or not this is a kit where should I look? When I am in town I will examine the car closer to see if I can find anything.

Thanks for the info!
What's the title say, have you looked at that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
I can go on line and for 25k buy a steel body ready to go.. brookfield roadsters(iirc) among others..
most that OWN these steel cars. you know the oem steel ones didn' build it.. so steel being harder or easier to work with is moot...
both have there place.. sadly.. the car hobby is full of high than to. types.. in every segment..
most on here would laugh at almost all imports.. the rod guys don't like the muscle guys.. the muscle guys don't like the new muscle guys..
it's somewhat sad... and all you got to do is go to a show and walk around and overhear people talking.. I really thing some go just to pick apart everyone car on the field..
FYI: It's Brookville Roadster. I used to live in Brookville Ohio. Neat place, like walking into a time machine. Brookville Roadster

OEM vs repro. I guess it depends on your perspective. I never cared about oem vs reproduced bodies (steel or glass) until I got my '69 Camaro which is an all steel numbers matching original survivor. When Dynacorn started importing new camaro bodies, and guys started cutting rusted scrap oem cowl's up and building a "new" Camaro around a VIN tag it chapped my *****. It hurts the value of my vehicle and its just plain dishonest.