Looking for info on this coupe - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Hotrodding Basics
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 12:05 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Looking for info on this coupe

Hey first poster here,

I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

My dad got this coupe in a trade a few months back and I am trying to help him sell it. We are not looking to flip it for quick cash, but would prefer to get a decent offer for it.

Here are my questions..

-Is this a 34 FORD coupe? (seems chevy and ford look similar in my opinion)
-where would be a good place to list this for sale online?
-hints/tips to increase the sale price
-Any idea on a rough estimated value/what it might actually sell for?

Here are the specs:
2001 Z06 engine
All aluminum
383 hours <2500 miles
350 Cu In
700 R4 Trans
IRS and IFS suspension
Halibrand quick change rear end
383 gears
1935 ford truck diff mounted sideways
wilwood brakes and floating axle
34 tub
33 doors (no vents)
full roll bar
Dan Rink custom grill
American Racing rims

These are specs I was given... If possible, tell me if I need to explain more about certain specs or if I should ignore others.

It appears it will not allow me to insert IMG pics nor will it upload my pics on desktop so here is an album full of pics.
http://s1175.photobucket.com/albums/r639/hotrods1332/

No pics of interior for now, but it is mint.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 02:04 PM

Last journal entry: was hoping for better than this
Last photo:

Hot Rods for Sale and Hot Rod Parts for Sale -- Hotrodders Classifieds
Old 11-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Choosing a trailer
Last journal entry: Jan 13 2013
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

It looks to me like it is neither a Ford or a Chevrolet. It looks like a fiberglass kit of some sort.
What does the title SAY ???

"I won't be wronged . I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. "

Old 11-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Senior Curmudgeon

Last wiki edit: DynoSim combinations Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 326

How would I research this? I'd start by calling Goodguys and telling them that I'm trying to chase down the builder or last owner of a chopped top coupe built in a 33/34 Ford Coupe style. Phone number is on the right side of this page. If they can't help, ask them who to call next. This car is nice enough to have been shown many times, so I'll bet someone knows something about it in the show circuit.
https://good-guys.com/info/contact-us
Old 11-11-2012, 12:35 PM

Last photo:

Good Lord, no it's not a Volkswagen or Peterbuilt either...t-max.....you have to say "is it a REPLICA 34 Ford" God forbid you offend the ...if it ain't steel it ain't real" types.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Living At The Speed Of Life

Last photo:

Can do it.
Nice.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327NUT View Post
Good Lord, no it's not a Volkswagen or Peterbuilt either...t-max.....you have to say "is it a REPLICA 34 Ford" God forbid you offend the ...if it ain't steel it ain't real" types.
I dont know enough about these cars or the market to know whether or not what you said is good or bad for me?

Is the fact that this may be "custom fiberglass" or something a good or bad thing? Id imagine its not good seeing as its not a genuine brand.

Any more info on this? My father was told this car would/should sell for 50k+ without any issues.. luckily he didnt pay anywhere near this price.

I will give goodguys a call! thank you for that info.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:09 AM

Last photo:

No pardner it's nothing against you at all, what I meant was some folks that own the "real steel" original Fords have a problem with other folks that refer to their fiberglass "kit cars" as they put it by the original manufacturer's name. Hence the term "replica" as I refer to my own '32 Victoria build, this has been going on forever.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:56 PM

Okay I see! And to determine whether or not this is a kit where should I look? When I am in town I will examine the car closer to see if I can find anything.

Thanks for the info!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:20 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 327NUT View Post
No pardner it's nothing against you at all, what I meant was some folks that own the "real steel" original Fords have a problem with other folks that refer to their fiberglass "kit cars" as they put it by the original manufacturer's name. Hence the term "replica" as I refer to my own '32 Victoria build, this has been going on forever.
and I always found that comical. as these "steel is real" types have cars that are nothing like the way it came built by ford..
chopped/pie cuts/etc..

good luck with the car...
maybe list it on ebay.. with a crazy hi reserve.. to see where the car bids go to.. without loosing the car.. if it gets to a point you feel is high enough(bids) you can always lower the reserve..
this give you an idea.. of what people in the market might pay.. without fear of a no reserve auction..
you'll have the choice to lower the reserve and sell or use the listing as a tool to know about what it should bring.. and go from there.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:49 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,074 Times in 958 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
and I always found that comical. as these "steel is real" types have cars that are nothing like the way it came built by ford..
chopped/pie cuts/etc..
We don't need a steel vs fiberglass discussion but to just touch on this. First off, not all guys who want the steel car are like that, the car often remains close to original other than drive train mods.

But even if it were to be cut up like my truck, chopped, sectioned and much more. The point being at least in my case, I like the real vintage car because it has a history. I can't say "original car" because that means something completely different. But I personally like the parts even to have a "history". My cars carried kids home from the hospital, you know what I mean? They went on honeymoons, vacations, drove the elderly to church or out to a dinner to, they have a history. I feel the same way about the parts, about the manuals, I want original owners manuals not reprints because I like the idea that some new car owner looked at this thing to figure out how to work his new car, I dig that thought. On the repair manual, I love the old original manuals with greasy finger prints in them where some hard working mechanic thumbed thru it to get a car back on the road years ago. They have a soul, a history. That's how I see it at least.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
AutoGear (11-14-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 08:59 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:

racingjunk.com is a very good sight to sell or trade or trade plus
cash! Our sight is already mentioned.

Jester
Old 11-12-2012, 09:11 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
We don't need a steel vs fiberglass discussion but to just touch on this. First off, not all guys who want the steel car are like that, the car often remains close to original other than drive train mods.

But even if it were to be cut up like my truck, chopped, sectioned and much more. The point being at least in my case, I like the real vintage car because it has a history. I can't say "original car" because that means something completely different. But I personally like the parts even to have a "history". My cars carried kids home from the hospital, you know what I mean? They went on honeymoons, vacations, drove the elderly to church or out to a dinner to, they have a history. I feel the same way about the parts, about the manuals, I want original owners manuals not reprints because I like the idea that some new car owner looked at this thing to figure out how to work his new car, I dig that thought. On the repair manual, I love the old original manuals with greasy finger prints in them where some hard working mechanic thumbed thru it to get a car back on the road years ago. They have a soul, a history. That's how I see it at least.

Brian
Very, Very, Well said Brian

Steel has heart and an old soul! A lot more skill to build from steel!!! Lead work, hammer welding, Shrinking ,stretching, rolling,Etc,Etc It becomes part of the builders body and soul even if built for a customer it becomes part of you!

I do glass, and steel I know by doing both I have more pride in the steel !! But they are both nice cars when done!!!

When people buy them already done those guys argue Any one that has built both Knows!!!!! Glass is easy! if you can mix pancake batter you can work glass!!!!

Jester

Last edited by painted jester; 11-12-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:19 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post

Brian

and some also forget that they have it made... drive 2 hours and tow home a 80 y/o car that is not a total rot box..
up here the steel is real. guys.. (don't want to offend anyone) but they blast the fiberglass cars.. even tho.. their car is on a t.c.i. chassis, with a 350/th350, an ididit column and billet everything.. some the body is factory.. more than most are chopped/etc .. som even bought the body already built chopped /etc all new and IN STEEL..
and roll it off a trailor a 1/2 mile from the show field and roll on in.. at 10mph and then roll back out to the box on wheels then home..
I can't see the difference.. ones fiber ones steel.. neither is real.. if real is factory.. all are cool (in my eyes anyways) but be cooler if they drove them.. and here li my beef.. why have all these speed parts and the cost if it's only gonna put in and out of a trailor..
that I just can't see..
I like them all.. but I don't like the way some treat others in this case ,the steel guys blast the fiber body guys.. the steel bodied car is no more real than the fiber one beside it thats on the same chassis and drivetrain as the real steel car..
to me there all kool.. I just don't get the build it then not use it. thing..
and is where I think the ratrod trend came from.. build it. and drive it.. tho. today even thats become over the top.. but it started with the right idea..
Remember gray bakersfields ed. on the goodguys turning away his daily driven streetrod.. but he's smile'n from the grave..
Old 11-13-2012, 06:29 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
Very, Very, Well said Brian

Steel has heart and an old soul! A lot more skill to build from steel!!! Lead work, hammer welding, Shrinking ,stretching, rolling,Etc,Etc It becomes part of the builders body and soul even if built for a customer it becomes part of you!

I do glass, and steel I know by doing both I have more pride in the steel !! But they are both nice cars when done!!!

When people buy them already done those guys argue Any one that has built both Knows!!!!! Glass is easy! if you can mix pancake batter you can work glass!!!!

Jester
I can go on line and for 25k buy a steel body ready to go.. brookfield roadsters(iirc) among others..
most that OWN these steel cars. you know the oem steel ones didn' build it.. so steel being harder or easier to work with is moot...
both have there place.. sadly.. the car hobby is full of high than to. types.. in every segment..
most on here would laugh at almost all imports.. the rod guys don't like the muscle guys.. the muscle guys don't like the new muscle guys..
it's somewhat sad... and all you got to do is go to a show and walk around and overhear people talking.. I really thing some go just to pick apart everyone car on the field..

Recent Hotrodding Basics posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.