Looking for info. I have a 1969 ford 302 head C9OE - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2011, 01:45 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Looking for info. I have a 1969 ford 302 head C9OE

Hello everyone,

I've looking for a price on my heads and I know they are rare? How rare I am trying to find out. I thought I had a 68 302 in my 65 mustang until yesterday when I discovered my heads were a C9OE. They are a closed chambered head maybe 58CC. They say 302 in the lifter valley and 69 on the side by the intake and exhaust ports. I thought it was all 68 until 68 302 heads combustion chambers don't match. It is clearly an odd ball. It is not a C8OE, especially with the year 69 stamped on it. My heads also say 13 and 14 on them. I'm assuming one was maybe number 13 and the next one was created as 14 in the assembly line.

It is also not made in mexico head.

How many of these heads do you think were made in 69? How valuable or not valuable are they?

I have seen info on them, but very little because I guess most people haven't seen one. I did see a spec list showing they exist, but couldn't give any real specifics of it.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2011, 09:57 PM

Last photo:

You may want to pick up this to help you out http://www.mrebooks.com/interchange/index.html your C9OE head is the same as the C8OE head nothing special about it http://www.mre-books.com/interchange/interchange5.html the head that was in demand "back in the day" was the '69-70 351W head which is no longer the case since the availability of Performance SBF heads is now on a par with heads available for SBC's it isn't worth the time and expense to rework the stock iron Ford heads.For guys on a budget the GT40 & GT40P head( GT40P requires special headers in some applications) good used can be found under $400 a pair.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:06 PM

Ok, thanks for the info and your time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffB
You may want to pick up this to help you out http://www.mrebooks.com/interchange/index.html your C9OE head is the same as the C8OE head nothing special about it http://www.mre-books.com/interchange/interchange5.html the head that was in demand "back in the day" was the '69-70 351W head which is no longer the case since the availability of Performance SBF heads is now on a par with heads available for SBC's it isn't worth the time and expense to rework the stock iron Ford heads.For guys on a budget the GT40 & GT40P head( GT40P requires special headers in some applications) good used can be found under $400 a pair.
Thanks for your time and info, much appreciated.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.