Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking for a MIG to Tack Panels - Opinions?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 07:34 AM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddogracing
Thanks, I must have mis-remembered that, maybe it was stick, or maybe it was just wrong and nothing welds dirty stuff better. But 90% of my complaint is needing two hands and a foot under the car.

And I agree that bigger is better, but I don't intend on using MIG for anything more than body panels that are hard to access as I like TIG (of course I have never used MIG). If this was going to be my primary welder, I would have just bought a Miller/Lincoln and been done with it

I have both a Mig and a Tig, and as sorry as I am to say it, I like Mig better 90% of the time-if I'm metal finishing a panel, then I use Tig . For along time I was a Welding snob, and it was Tig or nothing. I love the looks of the Tig, the ultimate control, penetration and such, but I am just too impatient-when I sit down to do something I want to get it done. I am sorry that I didn't buy a 250 Amp + Mig (mine is a Lincoln 175), but I will buy at least a 200 Amp next time-