Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking for my first spray gun
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 06:28 PM

Last journal entry: Project 92' Eddie
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I FREAKIN love she HVLP shifter, I bought a devilbiss Finishline 3 new on amazon with the dekups system ( i like it but id like to have the metal cup too which doesnt come with it, and i dont know why and its 80.00 for just the cup) Anyway im pretty sure I paid 130-140.00 shipped. Im just a average DIY'er but I love the gun so far it sprayed my acid etch and my 2k urethane primer beautifully. It came with 3 different fluid tips 1.3-1.5-1.8-- im about to spray color and clear this weekend.
Personally I will probobly only use it on this miata practice car and then im going to do my bronco. And then it will sit on the shelf till I get another project. Ive always believed in buying quality name brand parts and tools theres definately a difference between getting by and . But me like 90% of us have a big time budget. Id say find a decent one and take care of it and use it forever. But like most here have and will say-- maybe buy a cheap HF gun and spend more on a good dryer/filter and good shop plumbing and the prep is 99% of a great paintjob.