Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking for my first spray gun
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 02:46 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSpray
Finex is made in China.
The difference between inexpensive guns, one year warranty vs. two-three year warranty guns is like everything else. A Mercedes costs more for a reason, a Smith and Wesson cost more for a reason. The main reason is two fold. Good guns shoot clear coat flat, almost without sanding. and they last longer than a few months. Typically 20 years. Inexpensive guns last a few months with usage and then decay without usage. But the main issue is that a beginning painter can shoot perfect with a great gun. We typically get this response.

"I've bought cheaper tools in the past and many times you end up spending more because you have to go out and buy the same tool again...The higher quality guns, especially the good HVLP's in my experience, allow you to be much more precise in the amount put into the gun and also onto the airplane."

"You were right on on every point. You get a good gun... No need whatsoever to go to any kind of class. The good guns show you what you need to know. The atomization is terrific especially at such a low psi. Thanks again."

Again, a Saturday Night Special will shoot, but a Glock is a Glock. . . Plus, a great gun is not that expensive $150 - $250. And no you don't have to buy a Sata... overrated and big commissions.

Professor Spray

sorry to bring up an older thread, but what are some good spray guns in the $150.00-$250.00 range? i'me getting ready to invest in one myself.