Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking for new paint brand
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 06:43 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Agree with everything you said Barry...I've spent some time thinking about this and can't see 3 different suppliers doctoring a product to improve a bottom line....and for a rep to say that it's because of lowering VOC's and still using the same reducer???? I've used Pro Spray and again, your right...it sprays well, respectable coverage and I'd almost say it's the AMC of the automotive refinish world....it has all the same problems that the big guys have, just not the following of die hard customers...yet.

Very interesting about no price increase...is that for all the majors or just PPG? I was a rep for many years and no price increase would be a first, to my memory an annual price increase was like Easter, it comes every year, just not on the same calender date...is this a push for everybody switching to water born? A product that the refinish companies have a great deal of money invested into launching and are hoping that universal government legislation will make it mandatory....In Canada we had many end dates for solvent based products postponed and postponed until finally January 1 2011 it became reality.