Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking for new paint brand
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 06:53 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Very interesting about no price increase...is that for all the majors or just PPG? I was a rep for many years and no price increase would be a first, to my memory an annual price increase was like Easter, it comes every year, just not on the same calender date...is this a push for everybody switching to water born? A product that the refinish companies have a great deal of money invested into launching and are hoping that universal government legislation will make it mandatory....In Canada we had many end dates for solvent based products postponed and postponed until finally January 1 2011 it became reality.[/QUOTE]

Ray, I don't remember when this started but I want to say about 15 years ago, one major did it first in the USA and the base that I really liked went from two coat coverage to 3-6 and when you *****ed, the book response given to the jobbers was, then buy our premium line. That company in a short time probably lost 30% market share real fast BUT, then the others followed.

Bean counters, do not paint!