Hot Rod Forum banner

Looking for some one near central ohio...

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  hcker2000 
#1 ·
I'm looking for some one from central ohio to do my interior. Best offer I have had is $530 for seats and headliner covered in leather. Let me know if any one is interested.

#7 ·
Find out the brand of the leather, and where it originated. Had a customer with some Cadillac leather that he provided. Most Cadillac leather seats are nice and soft right? This stuff was hard and crispy. I literally had to soak the leather in water to get it to stretch for the headliner. You should NOT have to do something like this with a quality leather. This stuff was more than likely made for Cadillac but it didnt pass the standards.

Be very careful if its a closeout or abundance of Cadillac/Toyota/Lexus/whatever leather being sold at lower prices. It may sound like a great deal, but 99% of the stuff is leather that these companies REJECTED. I have offers of leather like this all the time, and I learned years ago that its too good to be true.

#15 ·
Yea the backing on them is all the same. So if any one from around central ohio would be interested in apolstering my car with a material like this let me know. Just a bit of warning I will want to see some of the things you have done before to make sure the quality is high enough. Also how many years you figure newer vinal like that will last asuming it is out side under shade?

#17 ·
HELLO!

EASY TO TEST VINYL VS. LEATHER!!

SMELL THE DAMN THING!!!

lol =P

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.