Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking for Someone in So. Cal Who Can "Teach" Me Machining on My Machine
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 11:41 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Looking for Someone in So. Cal Who Can "Teach" Me Machining on My Machine

The other day I purchased what has to be the hot rodder's dream machine. It is a ShopMaster Mill/Drill/Lathe with both manual and full CNC capabilities. The machine also includes digital readout (DRO).

This is no little "home" mill. It weighs well over half a ton and can turn flywheels out to 17" diameter. The mill has 23" x 10" x 4" of travel and the lathe can support up to 33" between the spindles. The machine operates either manually or under computer CNC control using G-Code.
Cnc Milling Machine, Metal Lathe Mill Drill, 3 In 1 Machine

I'm located in Orange Co. CA in the Tustin/Orange area. The machine is due for delivery from TN in the next couple days.

I am looking for someone who is experienced in machining and can instruct me in proper technique as I would like to retain all of my fingers. Of course you would also be free to take advantage of the machine for your own pet projects.

I am also interested in comments on what ancillary attachments I should invest in (e.g., Kurt vise, rotary table/swivel plate, center finder, collets, end mills, etc.,) and what tools (e.g., dial indicators, micrometers, etc.) are necessary to produce quality workmanship.

Thanks