Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Looking for Someone in So. Cal Who Can "Teach" Me Machining on My Machine
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 03:31 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Even though this thread has not been replied since 12-10-2012, I will still put my 2 cents worth.

Good on you for buying what is a hotrodders dream. I have a separate lathe/mill set up myself at home as well as everything else you can think of. I am a member of 3 machining websites which may help you if you are interested. If you can get to or apply for, do try and get into a night class for some extra learning.

Here are some other websites you can try:

Projects In Metal, LLC
homeshopmachinist.com: The Best Search Links on the Net
and Practical Machinist - Largest Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web

All of these are very friendly websites which can help you with your project(s).

Hope this helps in any way. If you can't get onto these sites just google them and they should load you up.

Below are some pics of what I have in my shop at home.

Just as a precaution, I would reccomend making sure you are up with your safety with respect to these machines. They are "NOT" toys!!!! Always use eye protection and "NEVER" leave the chuck key in the chuck. Read any manual you have/or can get and read it thoroughly. These machines can and will harm you(both seriously and fataly) if you are not careful. However, treat them with respect and use them for what they are intended and you will have many years of both fun and knowledge to pass onto someone else.

Happy machining!!!

mi chael.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0220.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	293.6 KB
ID:	69929   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0115.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	206.0 KB
ID:	69930   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0295.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	69931  

Last edited by mi chael; 12-20-2012 at 03:44 AM.