looking for updates on Singh grooves ? - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Boost Retard

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

So, where does this stand? We've had a bit of a discussion about this in PM's, and basically I've played with this a bit and seen quite a few of these and have never seen a carboned up groove.

Oldbogie, I don't think you've said if you confirmed that was what was happening rather than what you guessed was happening? and as you've stated, most of what has been posted about this is subjective, without hard numbers. I've had some what I would consider success, but like a lot of the others nothing that I could call hard numbers.

I do run them on my lawnmower (which I used for the 3rd time this season already, arrrggg) and I will say that it easily is the most reliable, fastest starting and most powerful similar mower that I've ever owned, and I get more of the lawn done with a tank of gas, and it wasn't like that till it blue a head gasket, scored the bore... and I took it apart and modded it (it does burn some oil, it's not like I bored it and put an oversize piston or anything in it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmonty
Well for what its worth, I'm going to try the grooves with a conventional
squish of 0.039"(gasket thickness and zero deck), home ported/polished Edelbrock RPM heads with approx. 72cc chambers, Mahle flat tops w/5cc vr, 10.3-4:1 CR, and approx. 270-274 degree advertised duration roller cam in a .040 over 350 sbc with a Scat 3.75 crank with 6" rods. Street Car.
I know the squish is too tight to really test the groove theory, but I'm one of the dumb ***** that won't lower the compression to run on the street, and I don't want to sacrifice the low end either. I was going to put it in a SS Monte Carlo but its taken so long for me to get all the parts and work done,
the car has about rusted away, so I'm looking for something else, but with gas prices and home projects, I'm in no hurry. Just for the record.
ssmonty
I ask this of everyone that posts pics of some neatly cut grooves, how did you cut yours?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.