Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - looks like a 383
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Cars, Trucks, Boats

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

.. If you were closer to Detroit, I would suggest the Swap Meet at Gibralter North hall which is usually the first weekend of January. I've picked up some screaming bargains there. Like a new pair of Motown 220 aluminum heads for $500. Up in Saginaw, Mich. swap, a new pair of LT4 heads for $85... Seems amazing for a 210/229 cam. If you had a receipt verifying the price, not sure how much customs would be on something like that. I stopped going snow skiing in Canada when a passport was required.

.. Friend of mine runs mid 11's first time with stock SBC LS7 flywheel dyno 530HP in late 1980's Monte Carlo. (video available)

.. If you're considering an Eagle cast crank, you may want to go Scat cast. A quick search of the 'net will get you endless stories of Eagle cast cranks breaking. Forged cranks are a different story.

.. Who's porting the heads and how much porting? That can make an enormous difference in power estimates. Since you're talking a tight budget, I'm assuming maybe just a little cleanup and pocket porting?

Last edited by BuzzLOL; 12-24-2012 at 05:37 PM.