Hot Rod Forum banner

Loose wind lacing

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  DanTwoLakes 
#1 ·
The wind lacing has come loose on an area around part of my door opening. I don't want to take the panel off to get the wind lacing fully exposed. Is there a glue that will really hold this lacing or can I sneek several small brads between the panel and the lacing? All suggestions appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob

#5 ·
Thank you for the reply. I knew I could do it by removing the panel, but it is placed so nicely and tucked into the rear corner of the driver's compartment and under the quarter window frame. The panel does not seem to be attached with regular clips. I have an idea, if it works I will share it with you, if it doesn't....well I'll never tell. :mwink:

#6 ·
You can push the windlace back it with a thin putty knife or an ice pick, but it probably won't stay that way for long. The door panel looks like it would be hung from the top of the door, and may have more hooks at the bottom on the back of the panel to hold it in place try pulling up on the bottom of the panel.

#7 ·
I found several small finish nails driven through the panel and the wind lacing. The nails did not show on the panel. What I ended up doing is holding the wind lacing in place and using my air nail gun to shoot several 1 inch brads through the fabric on the panel through the wind lacing and into the braided rope material in the door frame of the car. The brads left a dimple in the fabric on the panel so I used a dental pick to pull the material out away from the head of the brad. My work is not perfect but I can live with it. :) (see pictures)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.