losing weight - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2005, 10:25 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

losing weight

i might be in the wrong forum, but whats the best way to lower wieght on my car?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2005, 11:02 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

There is no way to answer your question. What make and model car do you have? The answer depends heavily on that information. Then you need to be clear how far you want to go with this. Is it an all-out drag racer or a red light racer/daily driver? How much creature comfort do you want to keep? It is possible to get any car down to 1500# but it would be nothing you could drive for more than 1/4 mile.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:35 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

i have a 92 camaro. I drive it pretty often. but as comfort goes, i dont need it. i would like to keep the passenger seat though. everything else can go.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:05 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57heaven
i have a 92 camaro. I drive it pretty often. but as comfort goes, i dont need it. i would like to keep the passenger seat though. everything else can go.
Hollow out the doors and replace all windows with 1/8" plexiglass screwed in place (only glass left is the windshield), cut out the fender wells, replace front seats w/ 2 fiberglass bucket seats, cut out the trunk and rear fender wells and replace them with thin aluminum sheet metal, rip out everything under the dash and get a small wiring harness for just the essentials, Take the dash cover off and replace it with aluminum sheet metal, get fiberglass fenders and hood, rip out the front suspension and replace it with a tubular axle & parallel leaf springs with the drop you desire, take out stock tail lights and replace w/ red 1/8" plexiglass and small LED tail lights, drill 2" holes (or as big as possible leaving ~1" above and below the holes - won't hurt strength of the frame at all but will save significant weight) in the sides of frame members, remove stock steering column and replace w/ racing column and light weight steering wheel, get a full set of real magnesium wheels. That should get you way below 2000#.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.