Lost my best garage buddy - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2004, 01:29 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Lost my best garage buddy

I lost my best garage buddy yesterday. It appears he may have gotten into anti-freeze somewhere. It was not a pretty site when I found him. The vet did all that they could but could not save him.This is a cat that showed up 10 years ago and stayed ever since. No matter what you were doing he was right there with you. Always rubbing, trying to help. As soon as you would sit down he was right there.If you were having a bad day he seemed to know and would listen to your problems. He was also a great friend to everyone. He will be sadly missed. As a warning to everyone...if you have any toxins around, anti-freeze, rat poison, etc, make sure your pets cannot get to it. I did not have anything around, but he must have gotten into something in the neighborhood.

Kevin

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2004, 01:55 AM

Last photo:

man that sucks, sorry for your loss.
a cat is about the only good pet to have in my opinion (they don't slobber on you or want a bite of everything your eatting)

i remember back when i was about 13.
my dad used to leave to go to work though the garage. he would just push the button and let the door close. well, he came home one evening and found our best little furry friend, crushed by the garage door and was very torn up about it. we all cried and loved on her (puddy tat) for hours on in. but i can't get this picture out of my mind of my dad walking back and forth holding that cat crying his eyes out. you know dads arn't suppost to cry, but that day he did and i did too.
since then we use man power to open that big heavy ***** garage door and will for the rest of our lives.
now we have 3 cats, but only 1 that i clame, her name is Fat Cat. she came to us all scronny and pregnent; we nursed her back to health and since then she has been the best cat (the alley cats always are the best cats).

anywho, just rambling. sorry for your loss again.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:25 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

sorry about your buddy.

i have a kitty you can have.....
she showed up at work one nite, all messed up, favoring one front leg.... she looked like she'd been thrown out of a moving car, or run over..... L front leg maimed, elbow open to the bone..... called my wife to come get this pooor kitty...... carried the cat out to the car, when we got close, she tried the clawed climb up my shoulder onto my head..... i pried her off of my head, and threw her into the car..... she ran around the glass, front, side, rear, front again, three times, then she stopped all hunkered up on the front dash.... green eyes afire, hissing like all get out.... got her home.... got her fed.... took her to the vet, unless we want to spend major money on surgery, he'd leave that leg alone,as she gets around just fine without it..... (think tri-pod.) now, she's a mean **** devil cat. i'd be happy to box her butt up and send her u.p.s. to you Kev. more than happy...

did i ever tell you the story about my buddy killing off marvin phillips's goats? or was it melvin phillips? anywhoo, they were some dead **** goats....
Old 02-20-2004, 02:30 AM
back to action!

Last photo:

im sorry to hear about your loss, that's terrible. i have 5 cats, 3 were rescued from the gas chamber. sometimes they are a pain but i couldn't help myself. my friend has a big garage full of engines and hundreds of parts. his cat, Rambo is by his side no matter what. that thing is fearless. no matter what is being done, grinding, drilling, hammering, whatever, Rambo is right there supervising the operation. when welding is being done, he has to be locked out, with great protest to protect his eyes. my friend is a real loner and my girlfriend gave Rambo to him as a kitten and now they're like a team, always together. never saw a cat act like a loyal dog before. i think now, after reading your post, i will warn him about the dangers like anti-freeze and other poisons as his garage is pretty cluttered. never think of these things until it's too late.
Les

Last edited by goose; 02-20-2004 at 02:46 AM.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:03 AM
Missing You

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by akm
or want a bite of everything your eatting)
This little kitty I have now - Mallory - she can be fast asleep anywhere else in the house and as soon as I start messing around in the kitchen, or open a bag of chips. She's right there wanting a bite. She sits and stares at me when I eat and I swear her mouth waters because she starts moving her little mouth and swallowing alot. Funniest dang thing I've ever seen.

Sorry you lost your kitty Kevin. Its really hard when you've had them that long and they aren't there anymore. My old kitty - Radar - used to sleep in my bed every night, after 12 years of a cat sleeping in my bed, it felt empty when she was gone.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:48 AM

Last photo:

Sorry to hear about the loss Kev. I never really had a garage companion. My girlfriend tries to help me out from time to time on the Mustang, but only ends up causing more work and frustration for me.

I'd love to get a pet someday to keep me company, ease the stress, and just have something always there to chill with. I'm sure you have some fond memories of you and your little friend. My sympathies.

MoocH
Old 02-20-2004, 07:50 AM
H...E...M...I...

Last journal entry: Plans...
Last photo:

Sorry to hear about you kitty Kevin, we have 2....

One is 18 months & the other is 11 months (he weighs 19lbs!)

Don't know what we would do if we lost em....

Funny as hell watching em re-enact the fight scene from The Matrix a couple of times a day tho....

Old 02-20-2004, 07:59 AM

Last journal entry: Heading home
Last photo:

Sorry to hear about your Buddy!

Pets can be the absolute best. They don't judge you and are always around for you. If you treat them right, they will be by your side no matter what. Most are better than people some of the time. I've wished I was with my dog than some of the jerks I've run into in my time.

If I lost my rotti (Fozzy), I don't know how I would be. She loves me if I'm clean or full of grease, sitting or standing, awake or nappin', but, she loves me best when I have food!

Sorry again, Kev.

Pappy
Old 02-20-2004, 08:06 AM

Last photo:

Sorry about your cat Kevin.
A few years ago, there was this cat that showed up in my backyard one spirng (looked a lot like yours too). At first it just stayed away from me. I couldn't get it to come to me. He would hunt the moles in my back yard, which I thouroughly appreciated.
I enen sat out there with some tuna in my hand trying to coax it to me. He just wouldn't warm up to me. Then when fall came, he just suddenly came up on the back deck and pawed on the sliding glass door. I was a little hesitant to let him in, cause I was afraid he'd start spraying my furniture. Well I took a chance and let him in. He walked in like he owned the place, and never did spray. I went out and bought him a litter box and took him in for shots etc. He became "my best garage buddy". He never even used the litter box or mess in the house. He would just meow at the door and I'd let him out. He slept with me, kept my neck warm and followed me wherever I went. I just called him "Cat".
One time we were just sitting in the front yard soakin up the sun, when we both spotted another cat. A big yeller one. A lot bigger than mine. Well my cat took off after it. They ran off into the woods and I could hear them screaming and fighting, and I could see the trees and bushes shaking, then it stopped. I got kinda scared and went looking for my cat, cause the other one was a lot bigger. I looked for about a half hour, but couldn't find him. When I came out of the woods he was just laying on the front porch licking his paws. He was a little ******. So that's what I named him. Never saw the yeller one again.
He stayed with me all winter, then spring came, I let him out one morning like usual, but he never came back. I figure he either fell in love, or a car or the coyotes got him. I don't know. I still miss that cat. And I normally don't even like cats. I know how ya feel Kevin.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:00 PM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:

Sorry for your loss. You really get attached to the little hairballs, it's tough losing one. We currently have 2 dogs and 3 cats and the oldest dog is really starting to show his age. I'm afraid there's another sad day coming for our house down the road.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Distracted by shiny objects

Last photo:

sigh....

It's so tough to lose a pet....our kitty has been with us since before the kids (he's almost 12 now) and I really can't picture a day when he's not around. See Chuck's avatar for a pic. The kids are so attached (especially 3-yr old Sarah) I fear the hysterics that will follow when he passes. Good thing housecats live a long time.
Maybe one day you will be lucky enough to find another friend who enjoys hanging out in the garage with you as much as your favorite furball did. What a face, he looks like he had character.

Chickie.

P.S. I should also add that our kitty has several nicknames (some not so flattering). Tinky, 'Bo (short for Rambo), Furrytoes, Mr. Fur and most famous of all "rocketbum"....don't ask...
Old 02-20-2004, 03:54 PM

Last photo:

im sorry.. youll find another friend sometime..
he wont replace the lost u have.. but he will have apart of your lost with him..

Nos
Old 02-21-2004, 04:21 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Thanks all for the kind words. Tom had a personality like no other. Most of the time he acted like a dog. Walking around the yard with you. He was always there. I think the biggest thing is wondering what or where he got into something. I have walked around our property numerous times looking to see if it was something that I had done. He usually didn't venture very far as we live in the country so it had to be at one of a couple neighbors. That combined with the fact he was only out maybe 2 hours. And most of that time was spent sitting at the back door wanting in the house. I keep wanting to call the neighbors but on the other hand if someone put something out to kill something else or did it on purpose it is probably better not to know. Things happen and I just hope it was an accident. He will be sadly missed, and the garage is lonely and empty now. But they say cats have 9 lives so I hope the next family he comes in contact with, he will enrich their lives as much as he did ours.

Kevin
Old 02-21-2004, 06:12 AM

Last photo:

Kevin, I'm real sorry to hear about your loss! I've grown up with cats as well, got 2 of them now. Pets become such a part of the family, it's tough to see them depart. He looks just like my cat "Meow" Once again, sorry for your loss!
Old 02-21-2004, 08:53 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Sorry to hear about your bud. Pets are similar to people sometimes. You never realize how much they affected you until they are gone. Makes me think about my puppy(125lb rottwieler). I should toss the ball for him an extra 5 minutes once in a while. He lives to chase the ball.

Chris

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.