Lost my part time job! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 10:22 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Lost my part time job!

Well after seven years we closed our family restaurant my brother and I opened. Cost of running it have just gone threw the roof. Cost of food, natural gas and electricity, and taxes. Taxes are crazy its like the goverment doesnt want a small business with 10-15 employess to survive. And Iam talking federal, state, and local they all want a part and leave the owner with nothing. Well enough with that rant.

I have great full time job so Iam not out of anything. But I worked there 3 nights a week and that was the money I was using to build my shop that I have started and eventually build a hot rod. Not to mention it was also my beer money! So now what? I was thinking about Home Depot or Lowe's. Just looking for something two or three nights a week.

Do any of you have part time jobs to fund your habits? Were do you work for your extra play money?

Thank you for your support!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2005, 12:14 PM

Last photo:

I have a real good friend up in NE, he was a VP of an international company for last 10 years but had been with the company for many years.
He retired at (55) about 3 years ago.
Took a part-time job at Home Depot and within six months called to say he went full time in paint department.
I said why and his response was i have never had so much fun working in my life, not supervising 25,000 people and meeting some great people.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:29 PM

Last photo:

I would agree with that! I manage 60-70 truck drivers but, I am 34 and no were near retiring. I talked to Lowe's they wont hire anyone unless they can work the weekends which I wont do. I bet Home Depot will be the same Iam going to call them in the am. They would work out great they could just pay me on a Home Depot card since Ill be giving it all back to them anyway. lol.

Old 04-13-2005, 01:05 PM

Last photo:

Another idea is Starbucks coffee.
I have a relative that is a retired professor and has been working part time, nights during the week so he can fish and golf during the day.
He loves it, all the women that come in there! Of course thats the same guy that got fired from one college for boinking two students of his.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:13 PM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

that's a good idea. when i worked doing electrical for a co. in new jersey at picatinney arsenal i got off at 4pm. i went to work at a women's clothing store (stuart's) as a security guard for like 3 hours a night. before a month was over i whammed the mgr and a couple of customers. that's what you want dude, a part time job like that. unless you're married, then forget it.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:16 PM

Last photo:

Thanks!
Thats it! I'm going to get a part time job at Victoria's Secret!
Old 04-13-2005, 01:17 PM

Last photo:

Yeah I am married. Those days are over. The restaurant was great. Hot lil waitresses and customers. Maybe Ill try mowing lawns or pressure washing driveways or something.
Old 04-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Start your own pool cleaning business, low overhead and you can wear sandals and shorts when you work. Applying suntan lotion to the occasional lounging pool beauty would be a perk!
Old 04-13-2005, 08:48 PM

Last journal entry: Grille
Last photo:

Im trained in auto body, but guess where I work at, greenhouses, it gets me money but its not like working on car. Theres nothing much here that gets you money besides medical field they say but theres been big layoffs throughout hospitals, so nobody knows whats a good field here to be in. Economy is down and you have to stick to anything that'll put $$ in your wallet
Old 04-17-2005, 01:43 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

i always wanted a job at a parts store, but i figure i'd be the one writing the check come payday, even with an employee discount on parts...

when i was in nursing school, there was a news report about a couple of guys in an armored car disappearing..... I thought, If i can get into nursing school, surely i can get a job for an armored car company..... then look out, next stop is retirement. either in mexico, or a federal facility.

Hey Bull, how'd you keep things from getting all wierd after you bonked the manager?

wait, she wasn't your supervisor, it probably didn't get wierd did it? at least not afterwards........

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.