Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - lost oil pressure
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 09:00 PM
http://www.warsprints.com

Last journal entry: W.A.R. (Wingless Auto Racing) Sprint Car Racing
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg View Post
What is wrong with a Fram filter. I have used them with no problems. I have a GMC so I am back to AC Delco.
It's just a personal bad experience with them. I had built my S10 BBC and initially installed a Fram filter and VR1 racing oil for break in. After priming the system and reinstalling the distributor, startup & break in, I shut it off for the day and let it set overnight. Went out the next day, restarted and had zero oil pressure. Immediately shut it off, pulled the distributor and primed it again. All was good until the next time I went to start it up and again, zero oil pressure. I changed the filter and oil and put a Wix filter on it and the problem went away. So, if you ever run into the problem of zero oil pressure at startup, change the Fram filter. If I hadn't had a gauge, I may have not caught it in time and done serious damage. But then this is just my opinion on the Frams but you can google it and find other similar stories, some even worse.