Yes, it is an automatic.
1. Modulator valve in the trans pulling trans fluid into the intake.
- Smokes real blue all the time.
2. Oil slipping past rings on startup.
- Wouldn't this happen all the time? Not just at startup?
3. Valve seals leaking oil.
- Bluish smoke at startup.
4. Too much fuel.
- I guess this could occur all the time or just at startup. Is there an explanation for why this would only occur at startup? I can't tell if the smoke is blue, black or brown. There's not enough. It doesn't appear to smell sweet. But it does smell a bit like gas.
I'll have to keep looking at it a bit every time I startup and try deciding what it smells like.
I'm guessing that it probably is the valve seals, and it appears to be cheap enough and easy enough to fix. So even if that's not the problem, as long as I don't mess up the valve seals putting in new ones, it won't matter too much if the valve seals were not the problem.
Last edited by Terje; 07-17-2004 at 08:13 PM.