Hot Rod Forum banner

Loud noise on start-up

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  DUKEOFBLUZ 
#1 ·
I get a call from a fellow that just got his license back. He wants to get his 91 Dakota inspected and running... Last time running was 9 months ago... I get a battery.... fill the tires..... add fresh gas.... we turn the key... bawooom...babababa....bawooooommm..... hmmm... I tell him the pipe must have gotten rusty... we pull it into the garage.... I look underneath... AHHHHH.... some @#$$#$#^ rascal stole the catalytic converter... and about 4 feet of pipe.... jeez....cut with a battery powered sawzall or hacksaw I guess.... some people.... he was PISSED.... oh well... $125.00 later... all is good..... anyone else ever get a cat converter stolen...??

#6 ·
Doc here, :pimp:

Hummm....

Seems to me like someone was asleep at the switch...IF a slimebucket could RUN a sawzall long enough to cut a cat out and not be heard...maybe he had a silencer??

I think IF I found someone under any of my vehicles with a sawzall, I'd be obliged to do some elective "Crook" surgery with his own tool.. :pain:

Doc :pimp:

#9 ·
They just had a news story about around here. It seems that the new catalytic converters have some expensive metals in them now (platinum, titanium) and that scrap yards are pay $100.00 + for them. they showed it on TV and it took a thief about 30 seconds to get it off the vehicles. Man what will they think of next :nono:

#11 ·
Oh Jeez...I just thought of something... All of us good guys have no guilty conscience~so we have no problems sleeping at night. When the crooks use the cordless sawzall we don't wake up because we're sleeping like babies....
Maybe we should do some sort of evil so we don't sleep so sound... :evil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.