Hot Rod Forum banner

Love it / hate it story

796 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Mighty Mouse S-10 
#1 ·
#4 ·
smoke said:
Well it seems like what they feared most came true and instead of enjoying life they were prisoners of it and in the end the state got what the left behind.

Could'nt have said it better myself. I could care less about those type of cars but the fact that they lived like poor church mice. While they sit on well over a million dollars is like Poncho said "mental illness".

#5 ·
I have a sort of illness myself and maybe can understand them a little. I could be called a "ghetto" Ak Miller. I don't have the fancy cars but, I do hoard away chevy parts. I have an 8'X18' spot with which to work out of a 24'X56' garage. The rest of the space is eniges/transmissions/parts/motorcycles/dealership items.... I'm sick... I've been buying parts little by little and saving them. But, then again antique cars and parts are my business. I go to car shows to sell, but seem to buy just as much. I'm no pauper, but this year I realized pretty much everything has to go.
Here's the question. How many people on this board has as much parts and stuff that they could fill a 10'X10' storage space?

#8 ·
Well everybody needs a hobby I guess. I had a couple of great aunts like that. They lived in an old run down house with oil lamps and an outhouse. They had one extravagance. They each got a Wall Street Journal daily. Eventually they had to sell their land to the gov. (1700 acres) and move to town. They both died within a year of pneumonia (88 and 91 years old).I guess they couldn't handle the warm house and regular baths in warm water.
They said that had saved some money for old age care. But when the great niece that took care of them cashed out all the stocks and bonds,( which she inherited) there was over 9 million dollars. All I got was a piece of furniture.

MM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.