Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Low Brake Pedal
Thread: Low Brake Pedal
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2003, 04:35 AM
Garage Filler

Last journal entry: I need more time!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The stock S-10 MC was very spongy and went pretty much to the floor. The Blazer MC “feels” a lot better but I still have a low pedal problem. I emailed the MC rebuilder prior to buying the Blazer unit any they agreed the Blazer unit would be a better choice due to it having a larger bore size. On the other hand, several guys on a S-10 forum (95 and up S-10’s) have converted using late model Camaro/Firbird rear disk with no problems using the stock MC. The problem with mine may very well be something other than the MC, I just haven’t found it yet.

BTW, if any of you guys are rotor experts, I need a little help.

I’m using 77 Caddy brackets and calipers for my setup. The 80 Eldo brackets, calipers and rotors wouldn’t line up the rotor properly. The Eldo rotors fit the 77 Caddy stuff perfect except for the rotor diameter. The 77 was 11 inches, the Eldo is 10.5 inches. I’d really like to find a rotor that matches the Eldo 10.5 exactly but with an 11-inch diameter. I emailed Bendix and they refused to help (too many lawyers). I’ve been through the rotors at my local Advance to a point where they lock the door when I pull up! LOL!!

Last edited by S10Fan; 12-09-2003 at 04:35 AM.