low buck rod build 1950 3100 pickup using 1980 elcamino full frame or just front sub - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum



Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2011, 07:45 AM
MARTINSR's Avatar
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: San francisco bay area
Age: 55
Posts: 12,671
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 614
Thanked 947 Times in 847 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing but not the "universe", it's trolls.

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: 54 hhr
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2010
Location: chandler az.
Posts: 23
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
what

[QUOTE=MARTINSR]How about any running board mounts and bumper mounts, say it "can be done" and tell us how but come on.

Brian[/QUOTE
you forgot about the seat& and glove box door.the cab drops over frame 2"
spacers on front front clip drops right on s10fram after cutting off bottom support is this a test, let's talk about the kit next .(5hr) this is fun !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2011, 12:58 PM
NEW INTERIORS's Avatar
Believe in yourself !!!!!!
 

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In My Shop..
Age: 48
Posts: 9,811
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 994
Thanked 429 Times in 326 Posts
[QUOTE=48s10]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
How about any running board mounts and bumper mounts, say it "can be done" and tell us how but come on.

Brian[/QUOTE
you forgot about the seat& and glove box door.the cab drops over frame 2"
spacers on front front clip drops right on s10fram after cutting off bottom support is this a test, let's talk about the kit next .(5hr) this is fun !

A KIT !!!!! If it's so easy to do,, Why would you need a kit...
We don't use any kit's on this site...HEHEHEHE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2011, 02:08 PM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: 54 hhr
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2010
Location: chandler az.
Posts: 23
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thx

[QUOTE=NEW INTERIORS]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48s10


A KIT !!!!! If it's so easy to do,, Why would you need a kit...
We don't use any kit's on this site...HEHEHEHE
THE POST'S ARE GREAT,IT LET'S ME PUT THE REAL FACTS OUT THERE I DON'T USE KITS , I BUILD THEM/ SELL /INSTALL THEM (BACK YARD UNDER SHAD TREE)
NOT A COMPANY.THX FOR HELPING OUT.(THE FOLKS IN SONORA LIKE IT TWO)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 08-31-2011, 03:00 PM
NEW INTERIORS's Avatar
Believe in yourself !!!!!!
 

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In My Shop..
Age: 48
Posts: 9,811
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 994
Thanked 429 Times in 326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48s10
I BUILD THEM/ SELL /INSTALL THEM

This right here say's all we need to know why your pushing this so hard.. Be careful this might just start to fall under our Advertising rules here..

Now.... I can say this much.... I can put any frame under just about any car with no problem....That don't mean the next man can..So you have to be very careful when telling someone you can... That doesn't mean it's the best or the easiest route to go.....

This big thing about putting these truck's on these frames are crazy.....EVERYONE want's to do a frame swap today.... Why not just build a new frame that would ''LOOK'' sweet under their hotrod... I just don't get it...Price !!!!! That don't cut it...Now if your trying to sell this man something here... Best use the PM...Just be careful,,, This could come back to haunt you later... LIABILITY REASONS.... You may have the best kit around... Not saying you don't... But it doesn't mean the man you sell them to will install it safely.... Don't mean to cut you down... But hear me out..

Now.. When posting here.. If you use all cap's... That means your yelling at me... I never did yell at you Sr...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 09-01-2011, 11:35 AM
ogre's Avatar
the 'Duracell Project'
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Motown
Posts: 1,291
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 81 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
I can put any frame under just about any car with no problem....
that will be the only line people see in that whole post...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 09-01-2011, 11:48 AM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: 54 hhr
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2010
Location: chandler az.
Posts: 23
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
47/54

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervin ervin
swervin ervin here need some advice on a loww dollar rod build using a 1947 thru 1954 3100 pickup & possible 78 thru 87 el camino full frame or just the front somone have plans they could share? or a different low dollar way to go? thanks ahead
GO TO CLASSIFIEDS/FRAME SWAP THX T.W.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 09-01-2011, 11:57 AM
NEW INTERIORS's Avatar
Believe in yourself !!!!!!
 

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In My Shop..
Age: 48
Posts: 9,811
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 994
Thanked 429 Times in 326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre
that will be the only line people see in that whole post...

It really doesn't matter... It's true about any frame... But it doesn't mean they will look like they belong there under any car...

Take it like you want.... I don't believe in setting limits on yourself... But you do need to know when to bend that rule..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 09-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Registered User
 

Last journal entry: 54 hhr
Last photo:
Join Date: May 2010
Location: chandler az.
Posts: 23
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
This right here say's all we need to know why your pushing this so hard.. Be careful this might just start to fall under our Advertising rules here..

Now.... I can say this much.... I can put any frame under just about any car with no problem....That don't mean the next man can..So you have to be very careful when telling someone you can... That doesn't mean it's the best or the easiest route to go.....

This big thing about putting these truck's on these frames are crazy.....EVERYONE want's to do a frame swap today.... Why not just build a new frame that would ''LOOK'' sweet under their hotrod... I just don't get it...Price !!!!! That don't cut it...Now if your trying to sell this man something here... Best use the PM...Just be careful,,, This could come back to haunt you later... LIABILITY REASONS.... You may have the best kit around... Not saying you don't... But it doesn't mean the man you sell them to will install it safely.... Don't mean to cut you down... But hear me out..

Now.. When posting here.. If you use all cap's... That means your yelling at me... I never did yell at you Sr...
It's just a hobby to support hobby's sounds like you know your stuff, i think the s is a good swap
for a47/54 nova sub or el frame don't drive like an s there very lite and cant work the supp. like a 4000# rig. not an add just my opinion.(i put a pacer under 40 1/2 ton not 2 bad) C=YA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 09-01-2011, 12:58 PM
NEW INTERIORS's Avatar
Believe in yourself !!!!!!
 

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In My Shop..
Age: 48
Posts: 9,811
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 994
Thanked 429 Times in 326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48s10
It's just a hobby to support hobby's sounds like you know your stuff, i think the s is a good swap
for a47/54 nova sub or el frame don't drive like an s there very lite and cant work the supp. like a 4000# rig. not an add just my opinion.(i put a pacer under 40 1/2 ton not 2 bad) C=YA

That's all good... But I would take a Nova clip over a s10 frame any day.... You don't have to worry about header problems. For one.... Your limited to what you can use...Just makes everything to tight in the frame area.... That's just me... As far as the ride... Them cars will ride as good or better then any s10 I have driven.... My Son own two of them.... I wouldn't say they ride better... His is a 1999 with a 4.3 in it.... Maybe the ride got better after his year...

And as far as knowing my stuff.... I have been around.. But I still learn something new everyday.... I wouldn't say I know it all.... But I have been doing this for a little while now....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Registered User
 
Last photo:
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chanute, Kansas
Age: 24
Posts: 6
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 2
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Im not sure how far you have gotten.. but ive recentley started installing a nova front clip on mine... alls i got to say about putting in a clip, is measure measure measure.. deffinately have to be meticulous on measurements. even with a frame swap engine placement and front to rear wheel distance can be a real pain in the *** if it gets changed much. im suprised how smoothly the conversion on my truck has been.. but ive been doing alot of research and reading up on some tips and tricks on what to do. Good luck and Happy Driving!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1950 Chevy 3100 Truck Frame chevykid33 Hotrodding Basics 2 06-10-2011 09:22 PM
1950 chevy truck front sub frame LNOVA Suspension - Brakes - Steering 12 04-30-2006 10:50 AM
1950 Chevy Pickup - front suspension? ADBob Suspension - Brakes - Steering 10 03-14-2006 08:34 AM
1950 Chevy 3100 snakeoil Engine 1 11-08-2002 06:41 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright Hotrodders.com 1999 - 2012. All Rights Reserved.