low buck rod build 1950 3100 pickup using 1980 elcamino full frame or just front sub - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2011, 07:45 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm thinking the same thing but not the "universe", it's trolls.

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2011, 12:52 PM

Last journal entry: 54 hhr
Last photo:

what

[QUOTE=MARTINSR]How about any running board mounts and bumper mounts, say it "can be done" and tell us how but come on.

Brian[/QUOTE
you forgot about the seat& and glove box door.the cab drops over frame 2"
spacers on front front clip drops right on s10fram after cutting off bottom support is this a test, let's talk about the kit next .(5hr) this is fun !
Old 08-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

[QUOTE=48s10]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR
How about any running board mounts and bumper mounts, say it "can be done" and tell us how but come on.

Brian[/QUOTE
you forgot about the seat& and glove box door.the cab drops over frame 2"
spacers on front front clip drops right on s10fram after cutting off bottom support is this a test, let's talk about the kit next .(5hr) this is fun !

A KIT !!!!! If it's so easy to do,, Why would you need a kit...
We don't use any kit's on this site...HEHEHEHE
Old 08-31-2011, 02:08 PM

Last photo:

Thx

[QUOTE=NEW INTERIORS]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48s10

A KIT !!!!! If it's so easy to do,, Why would you need a kit...
We don't use any kit's on this site...HEHEHEHE
THE POST'S ARE GREAT,IT LET'S ME PUT THE REAL FACTS OUT THERE I DON'T USE KITS , I BUILD THEM/ SELL /INSTALL THEM (BACK YARD UNDER SHAD TREE)
NOT A COMPANY.THX FOR HELPING OUT.(THE FOLKS IN SONORA LIKE IT TWO)
Old 08-31-2011, 03:00 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
I BUILD THEM/ SELL /INSTALL THEM

This right here say's all we need to know why your pushing this so hard.. Be careful this might just start to fall under our Advertising rules here..

Now.... I can say this much.... I can put any frame under just about any car with no problem....That don't mean the next man can..So you have to be very careful when telling someone you can... That doesn't mean it's the best or the easiest route to go.....

This big thing about putting these truck's on these frames are crazy.....EVERYONE want's to do a frame swap today.... Why not just build a new frame that would ''LOOK'' sweet under their hotrod... I just don't get it...Price !!!!! That don't cut it...Now if your trying to sell this man something here... Best use the PM...Just be careful,,, This could come back to haunt you later... LIABILITY REASONS.... You may have the best kit around... Not saying you don't... But it doesn't mean the man you sell them to will install it safely.... Don't mean to cut you down... But hear me out..

Now.. When posting here.. If you use all cap's... That means your yelling at me... I never did yell at you Sr...
Old 09-01-2011, 11:35 AM
the 'Duracell Project'

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
I can put any frame under just about any car with no problem....
that will be the only line people see in that whole post...
Old 09-01-2011, 11:48 AM

Last photo:

47/54

Quote:
Originally Posted by swervin ervin
swervin ervin here need some advice on a loww dollar rod build using a 1947 thru 1954 3100 pickup & possible 78 thru 87 el camino full frame or just the front somone have plans they could share? or a different low dollar way to go? thanks ahead
GO TO CLASSIFIEDS/FRAME SWAP THX T.W.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:57 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre
that will be the only line people see in that whole post...

It really doesn't matter... It's true about any frame... But it doesn't mean they will look like they belong there under any car...

Take it like you want.... I don't believe in setting limits on yourself... But you do need to know when to bend that rule..
Old 09-01-2011, 12:39 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS
This right here say's all we need to know why your pushing this so hard.. Be careful this might just start to fall under our Advertising rules here..

Now.... I can say this much.... I can put any frame under just about any car with no problem....That don't mean the next man can..So you have to be very careful when telling someone you can... That doesn't mean it's the best or the easiest route to go.....

This big thing about putting these truck's on these frames are crazy.....EVERYONE want's to do a frame swap today.... Why not just build a new frame that would ''LOOK'' sweet under their hotrod... I just don't get it...Price !!!!! That don't cut it...Now if your trying to sell this man something here... Best use the PM...Just be careful,,, This could come back to haunt you later... LIABILITY REASONS.... You may have the best kit around... Not saying you don't... But it doesn't mean the man you sell them to will install it safely.... Don't mean to cut you down... But hear me out..

Now.. When posting here.. If you use all cap's... That means your yelling at me... I never did yell at you Sr...
It's just a hobby to support hobby's sounds like you know your stuff, i think the s is a good swap
for a47/54 nova sub or el frame don't drive like an s there very lite and cant work the supp. like a 4000# rig. not an add just my opinion.(i put a pacer under 40 1/2 ton not 2 bad) C=YA
Old 09-01-2011, 12:58 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
It's just a hobby to support hobby's sounds like you know your stuff, i think the s is a good swap
for a47/54 nova sub or el frame don't drive like an s there very lite and cant work the supp. like a 4000# rig. not an add just my opinion.(i put a pacer under 40 1/2 ton not 2 bad) C=YA

That's all good... But I would take a Nova clip over a s10 frame any day.... You don't have to worry about header problems. For one.... Your limited to what you can use...Just makes everything to tight in the frame area.... That's just me... As far as the ride... Them cars will ride as good or better then any s10 I have driven.... My Son own two of them.... I wouldn't say they ride better... His is a 1999 with a 4.3 in it.... Maybe the ride got better after his year...

And as far as knowing my stuff.... I have been around.. But I still learn something new everyday.... I wouldn't say I know it all.... But I have been doing this for a little while now....
Old 06-22-2012, 07:26 PM

Last photo:

Im not sure how far you have gotten.. but ive recentley started installing a nova front clip on mine... alls i got to say about putting in a clip, is measure measure measure.. deffinately have to be meticulous on measurements. even with a frame swap engine placement and front to rear wheel distance can be a real pain in the *** if it gets changed much. im suprised how smoothly the conversion on my truck has been.. but ive been doing alot of research and reading up on some tips and tricks on what to do. Good luck and Happy Driving!!

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.