Hot Rod Forum banner

Low budget 350 Build

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  1BAD80 
#1 ·
My basketcase pickup ended up having a rusted engine so now I'm starting a low buck build. I started the thread on a Corvette site where I am an administrator so I will link to it for the sake of simplicity. Please take a look to see what a mess I have and any comments or suggestions you want to add here are welcome. I'll keep this thread updated as the project progresses.

I'm hoping that what i find and learn during this build will be of use to those that just want a nice running driver engine with a liitle guts but don't want to spend a fortune.

Here's the link------><a href="http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24476" target="_blank">X</a>

Tom

#2 ·
Do a hone job on it to clean the bore up, then measure the bore, if its good do a cross hatch hone on it for the new rings.If its bad you need to get it bored out. Their are alot of companys that sell sets for what you need. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.