Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - low HP decent cfm compressor- need advice
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2009, 05:44 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagecar
. So...the amps on the $400-500 compressors are the same, 14-15 amps, and the SCFM is about the same, and they are single stage, but the HP of what I've been looking at is half of what his is. I can't find any that are in his HP realm that aren;t 2 stage and almost 1000 bucks?

Go back and read what we told you about HP!

His 6 1/2 HP is PURE BULL$#%%!

He has a 3 HP motor on that thing no matter what it says it is on the tank. That is the same compressor you were looking at before, maybe a few cosmetic changes over the years but still the same 15 AMP THREE HP motor as the one you were considering. A real 6 1/2 HP motor running on 220 volts would be rated at least 30 AMPs.

As far as keeping up with the DA I seriously doubt he can run for more than just a very few minutes before having to wait on a recharge. Certainly it will run it OK and thousands of people do BUT they still have to give the thing time to catch up regularly and even more important than that, time to cool down.