Hot Rod Forum banner

is lower better

717 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  BillyShope 
#1 ·
i am building a couple of 73 novas ,one is going to be a pro street,and one is a dedicated strip car, half the guys i talk to say i will do better E.T.s if i put a drop front spindle ,, tell me what you guys think. ????.

#2 ·
Yes Yes and ahhh Yes lower is better ecs for drag racing and for the street and handling again depends on your need but racing for sure less wind resistance under the belly of the car plus handles alot better I have some interest in this treat for a few reason own a lowered nova and a pro street lol and just love the look of a lowered car my 48 pro street will have air ride and the nova has been lowered with spindles good luck any photos love to see later George

Attachments

#3 ·
If you are serious about et then look at the aerodynamics of the car..low in the front with an air dam and a wing or spoiler in the rear..we are looking for a car that runs straight and has the aero lift killed so it does not lift in the traps..has to do with handling..this can make for better et's as if the car runs straight and smooth the driver is a bit more comfy and will keep his foot in it..

Just a general comment on aero in drag cars..read the rule book first tho to see just what is allowed in your class..

Sam

#4 ·
Oh, how time changes things! Almost fifty years ago, the Ramchargers raised their C/A up to get halfway decent launches with the narrow rock-hard slicks of the day. Now...with today's tires..., you can run a car in the weeds and, if you're not careful with weight distribution, still risk a blowover. Amazing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.